Thursday, May 10, 2012

Seeing Stars


It has been a long time since I have worked in my journal like this.  At first the blank space can seem so intimidating especially since I usually have no idea what I am about to create.  This time I found myself drawing a scene of a house and yard in much the same way I used to draw when I was a child.  I journaled right on top of my image and added the thoughts that were running through my mind at the time.  I try not to question the process and just let it flow.  Then I reached for my collage materials and allowed myself to glue down the images and words that jumped out at me.  Again, part of me would question the words and images, but I gave them the space and added them to my page.  I then added more writing and embellished the page a bit.  After I let the image "breathe", I stepped  away from it for awhile and then I came back to reflect on it.  It amazes me every time how all the elements speak to me even though when I made it, I did not know what it all meant.

My art gives my creative self a voice and this voice guides me with gentle nudges when working through my emotions. If I trust the process, the hidden meanings of my choices eventually reveal themselves to me, I just have to give them the space to do it.


No comments:

Post a Comment